Another beanie hat for Dad - Feb 2016
- I started and completed the hat on Sun, Feb 22, 2016 while visiting my parents in eastern Ohio
- spiral around technique
- about 7 inches in diameter
- last row of increases used 6 single stitches before doing an increase
- 8 inches tall
- double crochet stitch
- used mainly a G-hook
- switched to F-hook for 3 or 4 rows of double crochet
- F or E hook for one half-double crochet row
- E hook for one single crochet row with a few slip stitches to finish
- yarn color was a brown heather or brown-grey. more brown than grey.
- bought yarn last summer in an small store in Bar Harbor, Maine that only sold products made from alpaca yarn
- bought two small balls of Peruvian Link - Alpaca Collection
- yarn made in Peru
- weight = 50 grams
- approx 137 yards per ball
- color number = 114
- no color name provided
- I nearly completed the hat with only one ball of yarn. if I had used the G-hook longer, I may not have needed to use the second ball of yarn to crochet the last row or two of the hat.
Pattern: I used the same pattern as I used with an earlier hat:
And that pattern came from this website.
The beginning of the pattern:
work in a continuous spiral rather than joining each round with a sl st.
Rnd 1: Work 10 dc in 1st ch. [11 dc]
Rnd 2: Work 2 dc in each dc around. [22 dc]
Rnd 3: (Dc in next dc, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [33 dc]
Rnd 4: (Dc in each of next 2 dc's, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [44 dc]
Same hat in these photos. Lighting changed the color.