Crochet a Beanie - Rectangle and Stitch Together Version
Example of one that I made. And another.
- chain height and crochet rows until desired circumference minus about an inch to allow for the yarn to stretch and fit snug.
- chain height of:
- 8 in tall for a normal beanie that covers the ears and reaches at or below the brow.
- if want to fold it up from bottom at least 4 inches, then allow for curve, another inch or so, for a total of 5 more inches added to the chain height.
- if want to slouch some, then add another 4 inches.
- 8 + 5 + 4 = 17 inches for the chain height. big, floppy hat.
- my head is 23.5 in in circ. crochet rows until rectangle reaches ~22 inches wide.
- Hat size chart
- "Head/hat Size Chart - knitted or crocheted hats should be made about 1- 1 1/2" smaller around than the head circumference, as the hats should stretch and sizes are not an exact science!"
- single crochet back-loop only - also includes adding a pom-pom
- Half-double Crochet - back loop only
- [X] good info for seaming - Single Crochet - back loop only
- Crochet Ribbed Hat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3A7Y3hGKg
- DIY Learn How to Crochet Easy Beginner Crocheted Hat Beanie for Babies Children Adult Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL967A411A9D90AA96&v=ot3hDT416pI
- Easy Ribbed Hat Crochet Tutorial - Can be made into a slouch
Nov 23, 2016 link i found that i might want to try. it uses slip stitches on one side to decrease the amount of yarn at the top of the hat that gets pulled together.
#beanie - #pattern - #video